Mother and Child Tracking System (MCTS):
Tracking of Pregnant women and children has been recognized as a priority area for providing effective healthcare services to this group. As a major initiative in this regard, the Mother and Child Tracking system (MCTS) is being initiated to track the health-care service delivery at the individual level and consequently reduce MMR, IMR and TFR.
MCTS is a generic system which aims to provide information of different health services received at the individual level, by monitoring all the encounters that an individual undergoes in his/her health program. This system aims to help the service provider (health worker or Doctor) by categorizing various health services the individual person has to get (with due date) and missed services. It also provides for effective monitoring of different health services drilling down to the individual patient information.
Features: Tracking of pregnant women and children to ensure that -
- every pregnant woman receive
- Full Ante-Natal Care Check-ups (ANCs) and
- Post-natal care (PNCs) including JSY payments
- every child gets fully immunized/ vaccinated.
- Registration of Pregnant women
- Registration of new born child
- Automatic SMS to pregnant women for Ante-Natal care checkups
- utomatic SMS to parent of new born child for immunization/vaccination
- Implemented in all the 9 districts ( Imphal East, Imphal West, Bishnupur, Thoubal, Ukhrul, Senapati, Chandel, Ukhrul & tamenglong).
- Mother/Child count in MCTS till 10/09/2017
- Pregnant Women : 137,534
- Children : 127,222
- ANM : 1,018
- ASHA :3,946
Social Media Coverage:
Published in the Informatics in January Issue of 2016