Pension Payment System Manipur:
A locally developed Pension software (Pension Payment System) was implemented in all the 14 Pension processing Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries of Manipur w.e.f Nov 2006. Complete re-engineering of the processes was done and a work-flow based computerized system was adopted. Pensioners’ data and the status of release of monthly pensions made available on the web constitute a major step towards promotion of e-governance in Manipur.
- Direct credit of monthly pension to the pensioner’s bank account
- Facilitate fast and efficient processing of pension bills
- Check miscalculation and overpayment of pensions
- Track pension payment and check fraudulent and irregular withdrawal of pension
- Remove inconvenience/discomfort to the Pensioners
- Improve data exchange between Treasury, AG office and State Finance Dept
The major processes in the system include payment of monthly pension to the pensioners’ Bank Account, taking of digital photography (using web-cam) and fingerprints (using biometrics) of the pensioner once in every 6 months and complete abolishment of preparation of monthly pension using bill forms. The system is now grounded in an irreversible way and has provided an efficient public delivery system to senior citizens of Manipur. Pension payment processing has undertaken a major transformation in Manipur. It has effectively removed the systemic deficiencies and curbed the malpractices inherent in the manual system.
Achieved 100% Computerization in all the pension drawing Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries of Manipur.
Winner of e-Governance & Public Services Delivery in the 3rd North East Award 2012 awarded by North East Development Foundation (NEDF).